CRFC DIRECTOR OF RUGBY – ADVERTISEMENT | Chingford Rugby Club
Applicants are invited to apply for the position of CRFC Director of Rugby 2012/3 (DoR) by March 1st 2012 with the following job description, objectives and pre-requisites. In the first instance please send your CV, Budget etc to the Honorary Secretary, Jeff Carratt, whose details can be found on the ‘Contact’ page.
CRFC Director of Rugby
The playing present and future of the club is in your hands. You will lead a group of coaching and support individuals/volunteers who produce successful teams on and off the field from Under 7’s right up to the 1st XV with the following job description.
– Communicate clearly and regularly with all Coaches, Managers and players both on and off the pitch
– Develop with the Coaches, training night plans ensuring sufficient equipment is available, used and stored away tidily afterwards
– Create team playing and disciplinary Standards consistent with the values of the game in consultation with the Coaches, Managers, players and support volunteers
– Create a gifted and talented programme within the club to help identify, develop and stretch the top end players throughout the club
– Promote the club to current and potential players ensuring with the team Coaches that anyone participating is a fully paid up member of CRFC
– Implement processes across the whole club to optimise fitness & conditioning, prevent and evaluate injuries, coordinate training and recovery sessions in consultation with the club Physiotherapist and Fitness Coach/es.
– Establish an open book selection policy
– Provide Coaching education where necessary to ensure up to date techniques are in operation
– Ensure all Coaches/players receive clear, honest feedback and appraisal of their performance
– Complete a full written report annually that evaluates all Coaches, their selection criteria, their game plan strategies and player progression
– Colts, 1st XV, 2nd XV and 3rd XV Coaches and Managers
– Under 7’s to Under 17’s Coaches, Managers and Support staff
– Physiotherapy and Fitness Coach/es
– Assistant/Youth Director of Rugby
– Multiple roles can be undertaken by any individual including the DoR
– The applicant should put together a ‘DoR Team’ for which he is accountable in the most cost effective manner with a mix of partially paid and volunteer individuals
– Applicant would be expected to furnish a number of items to allow the selection process to short list candidates:-
– 1. Evidence of a level 2 or higher RFU coaching certificate
– 2. An up to date CV covering their rugby experience and qualifications
– 3. An annual budget covering themselves, all those ‘DoR Team’ roles above not undertaken by volunteers, any equipment needs and travel costs not exceeding £27,000 unless a sponsor is provided for a larger sum.
– A formal interview will be given to the short listed candidates during March/April 2012
– Annual roles will commence on 1st May 2012 for the successful applicant once chosen, subject to the budget being available.